The main purpose of collagen is to stretch out wrinkled signs and prevent fine lines of aging. After you reach the age group of 30, the natural collagen production within your skin starts to break down. The first aging signs will appear right on your faces. That’s when you need the best collagen serum to help. The main goal of this serum is to stimulate the current production of such structural protein, which will provide you with supple and youthful skin. This serum will help you to fight back against fine lines and sagging.
Going for the collagen serums:
The market comprises some special collagen serums these days. The main goal is to plump and then firm skin, and also erasing and then preventing wrinkles from forming. Now, it is hard to find any collagen serum in the market which will completely stop you from aging. Being a natural process, you are going to age with time. But, this collagen serum will ensure that this process takes place as slowly as possible. So, yes, you are going to age but not that fast and can continue with your youthful look for a longer period of time.
So many options available in the market:
You must be wondering at what age should you use collagen serum? Most of the time, it is recommended to start using this serum after you have hit your 30s and not before that. It is during that time when the collagen formation starts to break down within your natural skin and you need that external boost to work with.
Now, the market houses an array of anti-aging items and choosing the right serum among the lot is really important. Expert guidance is what you need at this stage as you are about to spend quite a lot of money on the collagen serum. So, getting hands on a scam product is the last thing you could have asked for.
How this serum actually works within your skin:
There are actually 16 different types of collagen that you can find in your body. The collagen serum will enhance the particular type that you can find within your skin cells. This form is held responsible for maintaining the elasticity of the skin and its proper structure.
- With your growing age, the support as offered by collagen will start to collapse. This will cause the skin to start its sagging process and will wrinkle with time.
- While the collagen serum is not likely to replace the lost collagen as the molecules are quite large to penetrate dermis when you are trying to apply it topically, but the serum can eventually fill out the fine lines.
- The serum is your call whenever you are planning to help your skin retain the moisture, which in turn, results in smoother and tighter skin.
- The dermatologists have actually reported that collagen serum in majority of the cases will stimulate the current production of protein, which is one proper consideration to make.
Some considerations to make:
There are certain considerations you need to work with whenever you are making plans to choose the collagen serum. So, make sure to go through those points now before you head towards the market and get yourself the best collagen serum in here. You need to know everything you need to know about the best collagen serum and going through these considerations is the first step to match your goal now. So, let’s get on with the details.
Going for the skin type:
Make sure to check out the skin type first that you possess before you head towards the collagen serum. Remember that not all serums are able to work for all skin types. It is specifically designed for different skins.
- For the oil and the combination skin over there, you are asked to choose a serum, which is mainly water based. Serums are well-suited, in general, for the oily skin as they are quieter than creams or lotions.
- Then, for the acne prone ones, you can always aim for a serum which has salicylic acid within. It helps in breaking up the acne-causing oil and will treat some of the current blemishes.
- Now, in the end, for the dry skin types, you need to check out with those formulas having hydrating ingredients within. The one with hyaluronic acid is the one to watch out for during this instant.
Check in with the ingredients now:
Most of the time, the best collagen serum consists of some of the concentrated forms of active ingredients, when compared to other skincare items, such as creams or lotions. But, at the same time, the serum is pretty light in weight. Collagen based serum will have other ingredients, which will enhance its present anti-aging properties. Let’s learn about those more.
- The first ingredient is the peptides, which are considered building blocks to collagen. You might see them stated as acetyl hexapeptide, palmitoyl pentapeptide and more.
- Then you have antioxidants within the best collagen serum as well. The most popular antioxidant among the lot is Vitamin C, which will protect the skin from the harmful UV rays and damage.
- Then you have AHA, working as exfoliant for removing the dead skin from the surface and to smoothen out the texture of the skin as well. The main goal of this product is to diminish the age spots and some of the other irregular pigmentation.
- Another interesting one is the beta hydroxyl acid. It will work to clear out the skin from its excessive oil and debris to help their ingredients like the collagen seep well deeper within the skin,
- Another interesting ingredient is Retinol, which happens to be the derivation of vitamin A. This is yet another anti-aging ingredient, where the main goal is to repair the skin cell damage and evens out the skin tone, which will slow down the melanin production within your skin.
Apart from these ingredients, some of the other active names are hyaluronic acid and more. Be sure to check out the quality of the collagen first before getting hands on the best one from the market.