- 2020 was a major yr for the cosmetics industry and beauty influencers.
- Superstars embraced their pimples and grey hair in Instagram posts, and they even brought back the controversial mullet craze.
- Splendor influencers, on the other hand, found them selves going through scandals, feuds, and extra.
- Jeffree Star, for illustration, was accused of sexual assault and making hush-income payments, James Charles feuded with two celebs, and Kat Von D sold her namesake brand.
- Stop by Insider’s homepage for much more stories.
2020 was a huge 12 months for the elegance sector.
New trends emerged — like the controversial mullet comeback — and splendor fanatics rose to fame on TikTok. Superstars also opened up about their pimples, gray hair, and natural elegance when remaining household.
Of training course, there were scandals, feuds, and surprising times, way too. James Charles publicly argued with celebrities, Jeffree Star was accused of sexual assault, and Kat Von D shocked the internet when she explained influencers were being component of the reason she bought her magnificence model. Previously in the year, YouTuber NikkieTutorials was blackmailed and robbed at gunpoint.
Here is a further glimpse into individuals occasions and other key natural beauty times that occurred all through 2020.