Choosing a good quality medical spa can be difficult. This type of spa is usually supervised by a licensed professional health care person and has to meet certain industry standards, but how do you know a good spa from a poor one?
Medical spas use medical type treatments, namely microdermabrasion, lasers, Botox, and other medical procedures. The traditional spa is sometimes present in those medical treatments such as massage and facial spa. It is a combination of aesthetic and non-surgical aesthetic medical treatments and services. The goal for a med spa is to create a relaxing environment for their clients. Here in St. Louis, I go to the best medical spa in the area and have been for the last several years.
What to Look for in Choosing the Best Medical Spa?
If you are searching for the best medical spa, you need to be extra careful. Here are some of the things that you should consider in choosing the best medical spa:
- Board-certified plastic surgeon – It is still necessary to look for a medical spa operated and supervised by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Aside from being trained, they will best direct you to achieve your goal, especially if you will undergo a surgery. They also review results and see to it that they maintain the standards of their given services.
- Top-quality med – Looking for a top-quality med is not that easy. It will require time for you to research. Therefore, just take your time to search for top-quality med for you to find the med spa that is right for you.
- Available treatments at the spa – Med spas are in line with non-surgical aesthetic treatments. These include laser hair removal, tattoo removal, injectable dermal fillers, non-surgical fat reduction, and many more. Visit first the site of the med spa as much as possible when going personally to their place.
- Quality over quantity – Be careful in choosing the quality service being offered. It does not mean that if a particular med spa is offering lots of medical treatment, they are already the best. There are still some which focus only on the best treatment and effective one which they offer in their spa.
- Involvement of Physician – Try to know how the supervising physician is involved in the medical treatment process. It would be better if the medical person-in-charge will supervise the actual treatment or process closely. There being hands-on to the processes involved will surely analyze and review the aesthetic goals of the clients.
- Comprehensive analysis on complexion – See to it that the med spa carefully analyzes the skin concerns of the customers. Try to know their equipment if they use a computerized system in studying your health concern. Best med spa does follow up on the result of the treatment to check whether the medical plan really works.
- Beauty products – Quality med spas use beauty products that are worthy of your money. Products should be effective. It is not just to use quality brands, but it is more on the name of the med spa that is being protected. Client feedback is important for you to know if their services are of satisfaction.
- Subscription services- These services can help you keep track of your medical program. These will also remind you of the follow-up schedule or additional treatments. Aside from subscription service, try to look also for loyalty programs and even membership (monthly/annually).
- Reviews on the med spa – Feedbacks given by various clients can be considered in choosing the best med spa. Find time to read these reviews and check them out if they are getting more positive feedback. These will surely help you decide in choosing the right and best med spa for you.
With all the things mentioned above, how would you really know that a particular spa is just right for you? If almost all of them best describe the med spa, then that is a good choice. On top of it, see to it that you are choosing a plastic surgeon as the supervising physician.