Though Essential Oil has many benefits certain points have to be kept in mind while using them. And one of the most crucial points is to-Clean & Reuse Essential Oil Bottles, Dropper Bottles, & Other Empty Containers.
How to Clean & Reuse Essential Oil Bottles, Dropper bottles, and other Containers.
If you are the kind of person, who does not like to waste and believes in recycling products, then you have to make sure that the bottles and containers have been cleaned thoroughly to avoid any harm in the future. But the considerable aspect is, how one can become sure of this point that these containers have become clean enough that you can use them again and again over time. Here are some trick and tips to ensure that you can use these containers without any second thought.
How you can thoroughly clean and reuse-bottles and Metal container
It is vital to prepare your containers, though we all are well aware of the importance of labeling, homemade remedies, and other constituents that are a crucial part of essential oil, the first thing we need to do is eliminate all these things to avoid confusion while using them.
- The first step is to peel off the label, it is suggested to soak the bottle in warm water.
- Rinse each bottle and fill it up with warm water and make sure you are placing the lid back on. Soaking the bottle is a good idea as it prevents bits of paper and glue remnants from getting into the bottles. Also, if the bottles are filled with water that prevents them from bobbing around
- Place the bottles in the pot of warm water and wait for a few minutes. Rub the thumb on the label and it would come off.
- If in case you see some glue over the bottles, you can utilize baking soda, coconut oil, and sweet orange essential oil.
- Pour water from the bottles and after that, you can start with the cleaning step.
Glass and Metal Cleaning
- Once the label and glue are removed, we can start with the cleaning process.
- It is crucial to keep in mind that you have to dismantle all the parts of the container properly.
- Also, make sure that you fill a basin with hot, soapy water and place the container piece inside
- Soak for a few minutes, like 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can scrub every piece through mini-brushes, whenever it is possible and rinse well with warm water.
- Then you can reassemble all the pieces and ensure the pump clean water with the tubing to see that all the soapy water has come out properly.
- If you want to further sanitize the bottles, you have an option to put the clean bottles and glass dropper in a pot and boil for 10 to 15 minutes. It is significant to leave them in a clean environment.
How to cleanse and reuse plastic containers: Plastic does not have the tolerance to withstand heat as glass and metal, so it becomes important to clean these even more carefully. It is suggested to start wiping them out as much as possible with a paper towel or clean washcloth. Also, remove old labels but keep in mind that labels get to adhere to plastic more strongly than glass. You can add more baking soda for plastic bottles, which aids in increasing the scrubbing power. Further, they are cleansed following the same procedure as glass and metal containers. Lastly, you need to soak the container pieces in hydrogen peroxide (3%) for a good 10 to 15 minutes and leave it to dry in a clean environment.
When you get Young Living Essential Oils follow this guide to cleanse the bottles and containers properly to reuse them. And make sure that they can be used efficiently without causing any harm.